1. A loudspeaker protection circuit that is suitable for use in loudspeakers that are operated by current-drive principle, the protection circuit monitoring and limiting a signal voltage in a loudspeaker system and incorporating:
− a rectification bridge whose AC terminals are connected to said signal voltage and which rectification bridge has a plus terminal and a minus terminal
− a power transistor that, when open, conducts current between said plus terminal and said minus terminal
− at least one RC time constant network by which the reaction speed of said protection circuit can be set so that the magnitude of said signal voltage may temporarily exceed the static activation limit of said protection circuit
2. A loudspeaker protection circuit as in claim 1, in which said signal voltage is filtered before rectification and conveying to the circuits that take care of the driving of said power transistor
3. A loudspeaker that contains the protection circuit described in claim 1
4. A loudspeaker as in claim 3, wherein said signal voltage is filtered before rectification and conveying to the circuits that take care of the driving of said power transistor
5. A loudspeaker protection circuit substantially as herein described with reference to figures 2 to 5.